Friday, June 11, 2010

Day Dreaming

I have very vivid day dreams. Like most people, I fantasize about exotic locations, beach-side, with a lovely, tasty beverage. Toes buried in the sand, my lover by my side, and all the time in the world, no need to have a phone, a laptop, car, GPS, because no one can find me!

Yes, I fantasize about hiding these days. Seriously. Lately, in my day-dreams, I'm in Costa Rica, Puerto Viejo, a gazillion miles from any stressor, and two steps from the big, blue ocean.

I am one stressed-out chick.

Swimming has helped me a lot. I try to go 3 - 4 times per week. I try to have a vigorous work out since I have a lot of energy to expel in order for me to be exhausted (not sure if that is the right word?). It's weird, I know, but that is when I am most peaceful - when I am all tired-out and when I am in the water.

I will be up at dawn tomorrow - to get to the pool before the lanes get packed full of swimmers. I hate waiting, reminds me of traffic, and traffic stresses me out.

Go figure.

No comments:

Post a Comment