Sunday, May 16, 2010

No Matter What You Do, You're Screwed

Every once-in-a-while I run into someone who is not aware of my looming divorce. They will ask me where's Sam? How is he? Where's he working? How is his mom? And to this, I say, "I am sure he is doing good."

When I really have no idea. It's weird. It feels like part of me is a little lost, displaced, gone.
And I don't know where it went off to.

Same thing happens when I see people who know all about my divorce and expect me to be the same as I was back when I was Mrs...

Feel the same, act the same, care the same. Sometimes I do. Sometimes I really just can't.

Or, If I was nice to someone because I was "being nice" out of courtesy for him, am I still expected to kiss this person's ass? I think not.

I am not blatantly rude, I just can't pretend that I like someone when I really don't.

And then, there are some people I have avoided since we separated. I just can't bring myself to speak to them or see them. Not even in email. It's far too painful. I am hoping that one day in the future, they might understand why I keep away. I hope that they can see past the anger, frustration and hurt that divorce creates, and accept the icky reality that is life.

It's ugly and a damn mess.

No comments:

Post a Comment